Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No update.

How are we doing?
We're fine.

How is the baby?
He's fine.

When is he coming?
WE WISH WE KNEW.

I started working part-time from home this week, because between traffic (2.5 hrs/day) and baby-related distractions (7.8 hrs/day), working full-time just wasn't fair to anyone, least of all my employer. My days now look something like this:
9:58 - wake up
10:00-2:00 - work and/or pace house like caged animal
2:01 - consider painting basement, nursery, or kitchen
2:02-4:00 - google "how to induce labor;" avoid painting
4:01 - consider using castor oil
4:02 - chicken out
4:03-4:30 - repeat last two steps (all while avoiding painting, 'cause I can multi-task like that)
4:30 - meet Erik at door with all the ardor of an abandoned puppy
4:31 - get secretly mad at Erik for not painting (also: avoid mentioning painting so that I don't have to do it)
4:32 - read 30 zillionth pregnancy/delivery book cover-to-cover
6:30 - walk aimlessly around [neighborhood/mall/Walmart/house]
8:00 - dinner
9:00 - wallow in disappointment of another baby-less day
10:00 - bed
REPEAT.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... you poor thing!!! He is just waiting for me to get home from Vegas. He figured that after having to hear me endlessly talk about him and his playmate baby girl Brenner for 9 months, he ought to wait to arrive until I can visit you two in the hospital. Hang in there... hopefully you will receive some good news at the doctor tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete